How To Get 10 Year China Visa
So I want to share some information on how to get your 10 year China Visa because they have many requirements and can turn you down for any reason. I was honestly super nervous about getting denied and after I found out I got approved for my 10 year China Visa I was asked by a British guy who had just been denied even though he has lived there for 7 years!? So I will cover the cost and process I took for applying for the 10 year multi-entry Visa and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
I am currently living in Phuket Thailand so I went to the Chinese embassy here located not too far from my condo in Kathu. The application has many requirements and usually only takes 4 days but I had to wait 10 days because I was applying right before Chinese New Year. I ended up paying 4650 Thai Baht which is equivalent to $150, but another gentleman approached me who had also overheard, he was also an American and said its $300 for the Visa Application in New York where he is from. He was applying for his two Thai kids because he married a Thai girl.
The other requirements were turning in a correct and thorough multi-page application which you can find here at the China-Embassy.org website. I needed to get Chinese specific Visa passport pictures, which are different dimensions than Thai or other country passport pics. I had to provide a photocopy of my original passport page which is the page with your picture and passport information. I had to provide my arrival and also departure flight information printed out.
You have to also include your hotel accommodations and dates, these need to be for your entire stay and not just your arrival date or partial stay. I printed out a valid bank statement which shows that you meet the required $100 usd per day while you are there. So if you plan on visiting for 2 week, then it would need to meet or exceed 14×100=$1400. I had to give them my passport and also take a photocopy of my most recent Thai visa stamp, or you can show whichever country stamp you are currently in.
These were the requirements I had to meet to even apply and there is no guarantee they will approve you, however, I was very happy when I found out that I had been approved for my 10 year China Visa. I will list all the various requirements below which are subject to whatever type of Visa you are applying for, whether its a student or Work visa.
It’s worth noting that your 10 year visa is still valid even if the passport you are using has expired since getting approved. I will mark the ones I needed for a US 10 year China Visa application with a ✓.
Entire list of Requirements for various China Visa applications:
- ✓ Application form
- ✓ 1 or 2 passport photos (white background)
- ✓ Original Passport with at least 6 months Validity
- Proof of legal residence status
- Photocopy of previous Chinese Visas
- ✓ Flight booking (round trip)
- ✓ Hotel Booking (entire time)
- Invitation letter from China
- ✓ Bank statement ($100 usd daily minimum)
- Work Permit
- Study certificate
- ✓ Photocopy of passport
- ✓ Photocopy of Thai Visa stamp
- Birth Certificate
- Flight Booking (one way)
- Identity document of inviter, such as ID card, Passport, Visa 0r Residence permit in China
- Work Certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Notification letter of foreigner’s work permit in the People’s Republic of China
- Original and photocopy of Visa Application for study in China form (JW201/JW202)
- Original and photocopy of the Admission notice
- Physical examination record for foreigner
- Invitation letter of duly authorized entity in China